Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the last two years....

Here I sit, thinking about the last two years here at Windsor Crossing. Tomorrow, July 23rd marks two years ago I started here. It is pretty surreal to think that I have only been here that long and the things that have happened over that time. (Actually, it’s pretty surreal that I get to serve at a place like this along with some crazy awesome staff and volunteers.) I started this blog about two weeks after getting settled in back in 2007. It’s been fun taking a look over the past two years of Christmas and Easter’s and everything in between.

We’ve come a long way….in some areas. In other areas, I look forward to moving further in the coming year. So there is my annual evaluation for myself.

For the upcoming year. One glorious thought as I begin gearing up for the upcoming ministry year is that I am leaping in with an Associate TD. This will help me focus on some of the extremely important aspects of my job....

People.
We now have over one hundred active volunteers serving in the technical and design teams. All the logistics, leadership and pastoring that goes into maintaining and growing this team is what really fires me up. I cannot wait to get back to being able to better focus on it.

Process.
There are a lot of things that we have had to adjust and reengineer over the last two years as the team has grown, technology has changed and needs of our worship services and ministries have evolved. I want to develop what we need, improve what we have and document everything so transferring our ‘performance technology and people DNA’ to our multi-sites will be -easier-.

There’s more…I’m sure. I just don’t want to bore you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home