Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Eve is early for me this year…

I am now counting down to our ten Christmas Eve services that begin tomorrow night at 5:30 at The Crossing. Ten identical services! That means there are about 10,000 available seats over four days that 10,000 people can sit in and be a part of this advent experience and hear the life changing Gospel at a time of the year when non-believers are more apt to attending church. 10,000 seats!. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us this weekend.

This Christmas season has been so different for me. I have gotten use to prepping and working a number of Christmas events and concerts along with the usual weekend services. This year, I have been able to focus on our weekend services building up to our ten Christmas services. Being able to spend our resources, both personnel and technical on our main weekend services has allowed us to give our design, technical and personal best. And while we have still gone full throttle this season, I still have some physical and mental energy going into Christmas Eve and I am actually looking forward to the services and not dreading or just going through the motions.

As this is my first Christmas eve…oh by the way, because so many people attend the Christmas eve services here at The Crossing, we have to add extra which means we program one service for the weekend and add the number of services needed to get the number of seats for people … which means we have our first Christmas Eve on Friday. Here is the schedule of services …….
Friday December 21 5:30 & 7:30pm
Saturday Dec 22, 4:30 & 6:30pm
Sunday, Dec 23, 9 & 11am
Monday, Dec 24, 1,3,5 & 7pm …..which means I get to get home early and tuck the children into bed!

Now, because this is the first year at The Crossing, I am going to try to do some pic taking, video capturing and blogging during the services to give you a glimpse and taste of what The Eve @ The Crossing is like. Don’t hope for HD video from our new system…it will be captured by my digital camera and I will try to upload and post one of the highlights during each of the ten services.

So let the countdown begin!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home